THAI VEHICLE LICENCING LAWS
The current laws in Thailand are as follows
- Riders must have held a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years with permissions for riding motorcycles to at least 500cc engines.
- Minimum age 25 years
- Riders must always be in possession of their original driver’s license and passport.
CONDITIONS OF TOUR
- Motorbike Madness is an adrenaline-fuelled tour and as such certain risks are involved. Although every conceivable measure is taken to ensure riders’ safety, riders themselves have to remain vigilant at all times.
- Damage or loss to personal items is not covered in our policy.
- Motorbike Madness takes no responsibility for personal injury due to rider negligence.
- All riders are required to sign a liability release form before all tours.
- Motorbike Madness takes no responsibility for late pick up or drop off due to unforeseen events.
- Motorbike Madness takes no responsibility for self arranges travel to or from our Pattaya base.
CONDITIONS OF TOUR CANCELATION
There is a 50% booking deposit to be paid initially upon booking.
If you need to cancel your tour with us our policy of refund is as
- For cancellations made 3 months before the tour date, a processing / cancellation fee of 25% of the total tour price will be charged. The balance will be refunded or a different date can be rearranged.
- For cancellations made less than 3 months before the start of the tour, a processing / cancellation fee of 50% of the total tour price will be charged. If a reservation has been paid for in full, we will refund the remaining 50% of the total tour cost.
- If for any reason we have to cancel your booking we will give you a full refund.
Motorbike Madness tours follow strict traffic regulations whilst riding. Our guides are fully averse to current Thai road laws and will always ensure that they lead a good example to our customers. If riders stay within the lead and support guide whilst on tour there should be no road violations incurred.
However, our tours have an open policy whereby riders - if they so wish - can deviate from the tour schedule and venture out on their own. In this case, Motorbike Madness can take no responsibility for any accident, injury, speeding ticket, or road violation of any kind.
SAFE RIDING PROTOCOL
Our tours routes have a variety of road conditions both on and off-road, we travel in fair and at times difficult conditions. Our highly professional tour guides have vast experience of traveling in all weather conditions and require that - at certain times - riders follow a safe riding protocol. Riding during daylight hours in good conditions requires no guide supervision and customers are free to make alternative plans to the scheduled tour.
In the following conditions, riding must be done under the supervision of the lead and support guide.
Each day’s ride is set to start and end during daylight hours. If in the event of a late arrival guide supervision is necessary during night riding.
Times of heavy rain and poor visibility.
Off-road riding in areas known only by our guides.
TOUR CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Thailand is still a developing country and at certain times changes have to be made to our set itinerary. This might be due to road works, flooding, civil unrest, or border seclusions. From time to time we change our routes simply because we find and more exciting road or trail. In these events, an alternative route will be provided. Riders must accept these conditions before the start of their tour.
It is highly advisable for all riders to wear adequate motorbike clothing on tour. Helmets are a legal requirement in Thailand and must be worn at all times. Motorbike Madness provides helmets, gloves, boots, and pads of all standard sizes. Oversized riders may need to provide certain clothing.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Included in all our tours is a comprehensive breakfast, this varies from location to location. Usually, breakfast is served as a buffet to international standards with a good variety of the usual fair. Lunches are a Thai affair due to our remote locations. All the usual Thai favorites will be on offer and local specialties specific to certain areas. Alcohol is not provided on tour and the drinking of alcohol whilst riding is prohibited. Cool drinks and towels will be available at any time during road trips free of charge and frequent stops provide you with options for snacks and coffee at cafes.
MINIMUM RIDERS PER TOUR
We require a minimum of 2 riders for all tours to start but a private tour can be arranged with a special agreement. Contact us for a private tour quote.
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Pick up via luxury minivan from any hotel in the Pattaya area is included in the tour price. Airport on Bangkok transfers can be arranged with us on a customer-to-customer basis. Contact us for more details.
Refueling is included in Motorbike Madness tour prices.
MOTORBIKE REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
Any bike failures need to be reported to our guides as soon as they occur. This way we can prevent any further damages and make sure your bike is in the best condition. You are covered by our third-party insurance whilst riding our bikes, however, any claims do incur a 25,000 baht excess and in the case of the bike being written off by the insurer, there is a 100,000 baht excess charge. For more details visit our tours or rental term and conditions page.
SEASONAL CHANGED AND ROAD CONDITIONS
For near-perfect riding conditions, we recommend dates between October and February. During this time the weather in Thailand is mostly dry with gorgeous temperatures. Our Northern Thailand tours are particularly suited to these dates.
March to June are the hottest months in Thailand, It remains mostly dry during these months so road conditions are still very good within most cases all areas accessible to riders. Temperatures can be as high as 40 degrees so make sure you bring suncream.
July to October are the best months to visit waterfalls. Our Northern and Eastern tours have some of the world’s best falls included in the tour. Riding conditions do get muddy and wet but if you’re looking for a wild adventure and have some good riding skills this could be the best time to take a tour.